SnoVARC > News And Updates > Meeting Minutes > August 2016 Meeting Minutes
August 2016 Meeting Minutes
August 4, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm at the Duvall Fire Station by Rowland (K7RWB) (in President & VP's absences)
Members Present: Larry Backstrom, Kathy Brasch, Rowland Brasch, Rick Burns, Paul Butzi, Andrew Dahlgaard, Lindy Friedlander, Ralph Lease, Jim Meyers, Tom Needham, Dan Pflugrath, Gerald Repko, Shawn Somers, Chuck Woolfolk.
Guests Present: Marc Miller, Glendon Pflugrath, Phil Cassady
Initial Announcements — Rowland (K7RWB)
- Chuck Powrie had a bad accident while hiking in the mountains.He fell and is in the hospital.
- Do not text or talk on the phone while driving.Rowland & Kathy were rear ended and car totaled by texting driver.
- Mel Ming is cancer free!
Secretary/Treasurer’s Report – Lindy (KG7IFA)
- Minutes from the July meeting were reviewed electronically prior to the meeting and approved at the meeting.
- Current Bank Balance $1,986.66 as of July 31, 2016 (not yet presented to CDCCC Board).(NOTE: This amount is updated from the amount mentioned at the meeting to include the $23.80 website expense.)
- 2016 Club dues:37 members have paid their dues donation* to date (including those added before & after the meeting). Checks for all those remaining who wish to be members should be made out to CDCCC and brought to the next meeting or mailed with membership application to: CDCCC, PO Box 644, Carnation WA 98014. PLEASE USE THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION ON THE YAHOO Reflector OR SnoVARC Website. (Link on website is now working.)
- Repeater Task Force / Technical Committee – Rowland (K7RWB)
- Dan is moving out of the area and although will continue to help out, Shawn has stepped up to lead this Task Force.
- IRLP Status: No activity with Ken being tied up.Ken, Shawn, Dan will meet up there to get this ironed out.
- Emergency Planning and Mobilization – Rowland (K7RWB)
- No activity this month
- Education & Community Outreach – Larry (N7ART)
- We have space for the Nov 5th Tech class, but need to find space for Nov 12th.
- VE Training Update –Show of hands gave 7 folks interested in attending
- Carnation Space — Rowland (K7RWB)/Paul (KG7STV)
- Paul has agreed to manage the club space in Carnation.he will be the main interface with the city and manage our inventory, access, etc.Paul indicated that Mary said they will add a 4 code lock so that we can have access to the roof.
- HF/VHF-UHF station Status: Chuck W. (KF7PQL) and Paul met to review the roof with the clamp apparatus to hold the fiberglass masts creating the antenna.They discussed some minor alterations (backer board too soft, so will use angle iron; will need plastic shims to tighten fit with mast — Shawn said Home Depot has these) and Chuck will build the remaining items, powder coat them.Chuck indicated he would need a few volunteers to help install everything.Volunteers are to get in touch with Paul who will arrange the installation when it is ready.Hopefully everything will be installed by the end of August, and the equipment will begin depreciation at that time.
- It was approved to spend a little for miscellaneous items (plastic shims, connectors, insulators, etc.) if nobody has any to donate.
- There was general agreement to encourage the city folks to take the Tech class (and SnoVARC can underwrite).
- CDCCC Board Meeting Report — Kathy (K7KJB) – Reviewed upcoming events noted below
- Leadership Volunteers — Rowland (K7RWB)
- Ken K. (W7ECK) and Jeremiah (WB7ELX) are unable to continue as officers.So we need volunteers for president and VP for the rest of this term plus at least next year (although the 2 term is desired).
- Ralph (KC7QXD) said he would be VP if nobody else volunteered to do it.
- Dan (KA7GPP) would like to see Tom take on the President role since he brings in a different perspective.Tom will call Ken to see what all is entailed before accepting the role as President.
- The new president will represent SnoVARC on the CDCCC Board
- Secretary term is up the end of this year.Lindy (KG7IFA) said she will continue as Treasurer, but we need a volunteer (male or female) to act as secretary and take minutes.That is the only responsibility that Lindy will stop when her term is up in December.
- Elmer presentations — Ralph (KC7QXD)
- Is there any interest in having the presenters from the Redmond club come and present to our club (like Phil tonight)?There was interest.And Rowland has his list of speakers as well.We will discuss a plan for next year's Elmer sessions at the October meeting.We will include some of these outside speakers.
- Christmas Dinner — Gerald (KG7REV) — Since Claim Jumper has closed the Redmond restaurant, he will look into another location.
Meeting adjourned at 7:37 pm.
ELMER SESSION: The Fox Delta Antenna Analyzer Kit. http://www.foxdelta.com/products/aaz-0616.htm – Philip Cassady, presenter
- 08/06/16: National Night Out, Duvall – Saturday, 5-8 PM., McCormick Park
- 08/13/16: Northwest Citizen Corps EXPO, 7 AM-6 PM, Renton Technical College, http://www.nwcitizencorps-expo.org – $20 fee
- 08/18/16: Community Health & Care Fair, Carnation Senior Center – Thursday, 10:30 AM. – 2:00 PM
- 08/24/16: CDCCC Board meeting – Wednesday, 6:30PM, Duvall Engineering Dept
- 08/27/16: Earthquake Table Top drill, Saturday 9 AM – 1 PM, location TBD
- 08/27/16: Seattle Area VHF Foxhunt, Hamlin Park in Shoreline (RSVP on http://n1qq.com/foxhunt/ — FREE event)
- 08/28/16: CDCCC Ice Cream Social, Tolt-McDonald Park Bridge shelter – Saturday, 3-6 PM (with geocashing exercise)
- 09/01/16: SnoVARC Meeting, Thursday, 7PM, Duvall Fire Station; ELMER SESSION: Drill Prep for CDCC Drill in September
- 09/16-18/16: Plain Endurance Runs (in Plain, WA) sponsored by the http://www.plain100.com/
- 09/19/16: CERT classes, Mondays, 6:30-9 PM, Duvall Fire Station
- 09/24/16 (NEW DATE): Full scale drill re: Earthquakes, Saturday, 8 AM-1 PM, location TBD
- 11/05/16 & 11/12/16: Fall Ham Tech Class (tentative schedule), Duvall