Evenings In The Park
When: Thursdays @ 6pm (weather permitting) (*) (**)
Where: Big Rock Ball Fields, Duvall
As the weather warms up, we like to do a weeknight gathering in the park with fellow hams. Whether you’re a new ham, a seasoned veteran, or just interested in ham radio, come join us Thursday evenings at the Big Rock Ball Fields for a little fun in the park. We like to enjoy a number of activities including:
- Show and Tell. Show your gear off or check out gear others may have brought
- Get help or advice. You may find someone that can help you with an issue or someone willing to brainstorm with you
- See/Operate an HF station. Periodically an HF station will be brought and set up
- Socialize. Chat with fellow hams. Make some connections and friendships
We meet in the lower parking lot, near the entrance. There’s usually plenty of parking available. There’s a port-a-potty located in the upper parking lot as well.
It’s a good idea to bring a chair to sit on and whatever else you need to be comfortable. Don’t forget to bring a radio to check into our Thursday night nets (HT power and a decent antenna is usually enough at this location).
* Except the first Thursday of each month due to the SnoVARC monthly meeting
** Please check Evenings in the Park announcement in the sidebar of the main page for updates or cancellations