SnoVARC > News And Updates > Meeting Minutes > September 2016 Meeting Minutes
September 2016 Meeting Minutes
September 1, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm at the Duvall Fire Station by Rowland (K7RWB) (in President & VP's absences) Tom (WA7TBP) agreed to be our President. Ralph (KC7QXD) agreed to be our VP.
Members Present: Kathy Brasch, Rowland Brasch, Rick Burns, Paul Butzi, Lindy Friedlander, Mike Jacob, Ralph Lease, Tom Needham, Dan Pflugrath, Barb Powrie, Chuck Powrie, Shawn Somers, Chuck Woolfolk.
Guests Present: Gene Laughlin, Glendon Pflugrath
Initial Announcements — Tom (WA7TBP)
- There will be a mini-training session every meeting.Everyone should wear credentials to every meeting.
- Expect everyone to do their part as part of the team.We need to be a resource to the entire valley, not just Carnation and Duvall.Have fun, learn, and go home.
Secretary/Treasurer’s Report – Lindy (KG7IFA)
- Minutes from the August meeting were reviewed electronically prior to the meeting and approved at the meeting.A motion was made and seconded to approve these minutes.
- Current Bank Balance $1,940.62 as of August 31, 2016 (not yet presented to CDCCC Board).
- 2016 Club dues:37 members have paid their dues donation* to date (including those added before & after the meeting). Checks for all those remaining who wish to be members should be made out to CDCCC and brought to the next meeting or mailed with membership application to: CDCCC, PO Box 644, Carnation WA 98014. PLEASE USE THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION ON THE YAHOO Reflector OR SnoVARC Website. (Link on website is now working.)
- Repeater Task Force / Technical Committee – Shawn (K7ATA)
- IRLP Status: Still a work in progress.Rob is the network guy up there and we're waiting onhim to help us the Internet connection.Shawn and Dan will meet up there to get this ironed out.
- Emergency Planning and Mobilization – Rowland (K7RWB)
- Credentials from Duvall have gotten out of date.For those who already have a card, they need to submit a short re-issue form.New folks will need to get a background check and a more in depth application.
- Forms were given out.
- Education & Community Outreach – Larry (N7ART)(not present)
- An announcement was sent out showing a date change for the training session.It is now set to begin October 29th (9AM-5PM) and November 5 (9AM to 4PM).Rowland noted that he will not be available to train on Oct. 29th.
- Carnation Space — Paul (KG7STV)
- Roof access now has a combination lock with the same code as the door.The only requirement is for Paul to email Mary when we will be there so she knows in advance.Paul will ask Mary if there is any requirement as to the type of shoes that can be worn up there.He will post any such requirements.
- We need to get UHF up for use in the September drill.The challenge is getting coax up there without impacting the Telco equipment.Rowland will hear back from Telco by Friday.
- CDCCC Board Meeting Report — Kathy (K7KJB)
- The Continuity of Operation Program (COOP) document is ready to go out.Also, Boyd is putting together a map showing the field treatment centers.
- There will be a 2017 Valley wide drill (from N Bend to Monroe).The school district is taking the lead. Boyd is contacting someone from SPU (Seattle Public Utilities) who runs the dam to see how we may be able to communicate with them.Kathy asked Tom about SnoVARC getting a tour of the dam so we can show them how we can be part of a communication link.
- Saturday (8/27) there was a table top exercise on earthquakes.Formidable Footprint program.It helps evaluate how well prepared you'd be.Folks represented many different areas.There was good feedback.
- Sunday (8/28) Ice Cream Social to thank volunteers.Not very good turnout.
- Reaching out to new Hams — Mike (KG7MXB)
- Asked about the status of the mailing to new Hams (Bengt had brought it up last year).Rowland said we did a mailing years ago and had no benefit.Dan said we should look for hams in the area of the Field Treatment Centers and contact them to recruit since they are more apt to say 'yes' when there is a mission versus just SnoVARC membership as the goal.
- Christmas Dinner — Gerald (KG7REV) not present
Meeting adjourned at 7:57 pm.
ELMER SESSION: Drill Prep for CDCC Drill in September — Kathy (K7KJB)
- 09/16-18/16: Plain Endurance Runs (in Plain, WA) sponsored by the http://www.plain100.com/
- 09/19/16: CERT classes, Mondays, 6:30-9 PM, Duvall Fire Station
- 09/24/16 (NEW DATE): Full scale drill re: Earthquakes, Saturday, 8 AM-1 PM, Tolt Congregational Church
- 10/06/16: SnoVARC Meeting, 7PM, Duvall Fire Station; ELMER SESSION: PLANNING FOR 2017
- 10/20/16: Carnation “Great American Shake Out” Open House, Carnation City Hall, Thursday, 4-8PM
- 11/03/16: SnoVARC Meeting, 7PM, Duvall Fire Station; ELMER SESSION: HEX BEAM Presentation by Gordon Bousman
- 10/29/16 (9AM-5PM) & 11/5/16 (9AM-4PM): Fall Ham Tech Class, Duvall Fire Station
- 12/01/16: SnoVARC Holiday Dinner, 6:30PM, Location TBD