June 2015 Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes June 4, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm at the Duvall Fire Station by Pres. Ken Kosters (W7ECK).
Members Present: Paul Butzi, Dick Freiheit, David Jam, Jeremiah Judd, Ken Kosters, Ralph Lease, Dan Pflugrath, Barb Powrie, Chuck Powrie.
Guests Present: Jim Haviland, Paula Butzi
Secretary/Treasurer’s Report – (Barb, K7XIT)
• Minutes from May meeting were reviewed electronically prior to the meeting and approved at the meeting.
• SnoVARC bank account balance is $3,016.23 (as approved at the May CDCCC Board Meeting).
• 2015 Club dues: 33 members have paid their dues donation to date, including one new payment at the meeting. Checks for all those remaining who still wish to be members should be made out to CDCCC and brought to the next meeting or mailed with membership application to: CDCCC, PO Box 644, Carnation WA 98014. PLEASE USE THE NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION ON THE YAHOO SITE
Repeater Task Force / Technical Committee – Dan (KA7GPP)
Switched out controller on Duvall repeater, now same as Cougar Mtn repeater. Dan would like to record new repeater ID’s but needs the “perfect” female voice…any takers?
Emergency Planning & Mobilization – Rowland (K7RWB) No report (Rowland absent)
Education & Community Outreach – Bengt (K7ADD)
Bengt not present, but gave update to Dan, who reported that the club will be running an orientation session for prospective hams on Thursday, July 2nd just before club meeting, possibly followed with a testing session before the August meeting.
Website hosting: Dan reported that the Board is setting up a subsidized account in the club’s name, saving money, as it is free for non-profits.
- The KE7GFZ Weekly Net (Thursdays, except club night, at 8 pm) is on our 441.825 MHz repeater, positive offset and tone of 103.5 MHz.
- Carnation space: Dan reported that the space was available, but we are waiting for someone to vacate. Also, we will need to install UHF/VF antennas as soon as possible at that site.
- Fun Run – Barb (K7XIT). The Duvall Days run is June 7th. Barb said the assignment schedule has been finalized and will be emailed to course marshals on Saturday. SnoVARC will be assisting on the hill for the 10K and at the roundabout for the half marathon.
- New Business
- Field Day at Camp Korey — Dan (KA7GPP) / Ken (W7ECK)
- Ken will be setting up the Field Day site, but will need help with raising antennas.
- Rowland is hosting an “antenna party” at his home on Saturday, June 13th, to work on all Field Day equipment and wiring so we will be technologically ready for the big day. If you are planning to attend this work party session, contact Rowland (lunch will be served).
- July 4th Carnation parade: Dan needs additional volunteers to work traffic; now has 4, but needs a few more individuals to allow breaks for the 4 positions.
Meeting adjourned at 7:26 pm.
ELMER SESSION: Emergency Communications Hub Plan – Cindi Barker, Seattle Hubs, presenting
Cindi informed members of the growing Seattle Hub concept, which is expanding to other Washington locations. This structure can integrate civilians – and anyone who wants to “help” in an emergency situation – with our trained CERT’s, hams, and MRC staff.
• 06/07/15 – Duvall Fun Run traffic control
• 06/07/15 – Duvall Days (CDCCC Booth) Pancake Breakfast
• 06/12/15 – 46th Annual Wenatchee Hamfest, (June 12-14) Dryden Gun Club, Dryden, WA (See flyer posted on Yahoo Site)
• 06/27/15 – FIELD DAY AT CAMP KOREY, Saturday June 27 to Sunday June 28 (More details to follow)
• 070/2/15 – Orientation for prospective hams, time TBD, Duvall FS, prior to club meeting
• 07/02/15 – SnoVARC Meeting, 7:00 pm, Duvall FS (followed by ELMER: CW QRP Kit – Dan (KA7GPP)
• 070/4/15 – Carnation July 4th Parade traffic control