SnoVARC > News And Updates > Meeting Minutes > November 2016 Meeting Minutes
November 2016 Meeting Minutes
November 3, 2016 Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm at the Duvall Fire Station by Pres. Tom Needham (WA7TBP)
Members Present: Rowland Brasch, Rick Burns, Paul Butzi, Joe Carpenter, Dick Freiheit, Ken Kosters, Ralph Lease, Jim Myers, Barb Powrie, Chuck Powrie, Shawn Somers.
Guests Present: Nancy Carpenter, Linda Hanson, Milt Hanson
Initial Announcements – Tom (WA7TBP)
- Those who wore credentials got candy!
Secretary/Treasurer’s Report – Barb (K7XIT)
- Minutes from the October meeting were reviewed electronically prior to the meeting and approved at the meeting.A motion was made and seconded to approve these minutes.
- Current Bank Balance $2,070.50 as of October 25, 2016 (not yet presented to CDCCC Board)
- 2016 Club dues donations (tax deductible*): Currently 40 members in 2016 and 1 already paid for 2017. NOTE: Checks made out to CDCCC may be mailed to CDCCC, PO Box 644, Carnation WA 98014, with membership application (available on Yahoo) – or bring to meeting.
- Repeater Task Force / Technical Committee – Shawn (K7ATA)
- IRLP Status: Shawn and Ken have not had time to go up to repeater to unplug something and set up IRLP.Will take about 5-6 hours.
Bell Repeater:Not working at present.Shawn will check on it November 4th.
- Emergency Planning and Mobilization – Rowland (K7RWB)
- Ralph (KC7QXD) reported on the Emergency Net set up by SnoVARC to cover the storm forecast for October 15th. Although shifts were scheduled, he worked only through the first one, as the storm did not materialize.He walked the club through his timing and procedure at the Duvall Fire Station that day.Ralph complimented Rowland on the detailed instruction binders which guided him through setup.
- Feedback from the event pointed out that the club needs to “sprinkle” ham coverage throughout the Snoqualmie Valley and verify location of each station.Lake Margaret, for example, needs an operator.
- Ralph said that several groups reported to the fire station for the event…firefighters, few police, city crew, CERT’s, and SnoVARC.Hourly meetings were held to discuss the potential impending storm.The turnout and efforts did impress local officials. Tom pointed out that our attitude must be “what can we do to help?”, not “this is what we will do”.
- Education & Community Outreach – Larry (N7ART) not present
- Tech License Class: Rowland reported the Fall Tech class had been cancelled.He also pointed out that club members are needed to volunteer to assist Larry with classes.Please step up to help!
VE Training: There will be a Nov. 4th training for current and potential VEs at the Duvall FS.
- Carnation Space — Paul (KG7STV)
- It will not be feasible to punch a hole in the cinderblock to run the coax into the room.Paul recommends we cut a panel to fit the window (facing street).
- Rowland said we need a smaller antenna than the GP6 for greater mobility.
- Reaching out to new Hams — Mike (W7GR) not present
- Christmas Dinner — Gerard (KG7REV) not present
- Tom will check with Gerard and Lindy to see if any progress on location for SnoVARC Christmas dinner.
- No discussion
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
ELMER SESSION: HEX BEAM presentation by Gordon Bousman (NW7D)
- 11/12/16: First Aid/CPR Training; Tolt Congregational Church, Carnation, 8:00-4:30 ($35 donation requested)
- 12/01/16: SnoVARC Holiday Dinner, 6:30PM, Location TBD