SnoVARC > News And Updates > Meeting Minutes > April 2015 Meeting Minutes
April 2015 Meeting Minutes
April 2, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm at the Duvall Fire Station by Pres. Ken Kosters (W7ECK).
Members Present: Larry Backstrom, Kathy Brasch, Rowland Brasch, Rick Burns, Dick Freiheit, Lindy Friedlander, Michael Jacob, Jeremiah Judd, Jerry Konoske, Ken Kosters, Ralph Lease, John Lento Jr., Irvina Mizell, Dan Pflugrath, Barb Powrie, Chuck Powrie, Gerard Repko, Chuck Woolfolk.
Prior Members Present: Robert Decker
Guests Present: Glendon Pflugrath, Debbi Lermond, Paul Butzi
Secretary’s Report – Lindy (KG7IFA)
- Minutes from March meeting were reviewed electronically prior to the meeting and approved at the meeting.
Treasurer’s Report – Lindy (KG7IFA)
- SnoVARC bank account balance is $3,038.53 (Transactions since the CDCCC February 17th Board Meeting: Income — $70 dues; $527 Matched Funds from MS Expenses — $243 Insurance; $43 Cabling)
- PayPal has now been set up for donation. Rowland (K7RWB) will add buttons to the SnoVARC website (and the CDCCC website) so that the funds can be directed appropriately.
- The member roster with pictures has been developed, although many pictures are needed. Only 17 of the 29 current members have provided pictures. It was decided that Lindy will send an email to all members asking whether they object to having their information put on the secure SnoVARC Yahoo Group (aka Reflector) before posting. A deadline will be presented after which the roster will be posted.
- 2015 Club dues: 29 members have paid their dues donation to date, including one new member at the meeting — Welcome to Irvina Mizell. Checks for all those remaining who still wish to be members should be made out to CDCCC and brought to the next meeting or mailed with membership application to: CDCCC, PO Box 644, Carnation WA 98014. (*In case you don’t remember, see the footnote below regarding the tax favor for your dues donations.)
Repeater Task Force / Technical Committee – Dan (KA7GPP)
- The new controller for the Bell’s repeater will be installed within the next few weeks. He would like to load test the battery there as well. It seems to be doing better with the warmer weather, so it may last a little longer than originally anticipated.
- ACTION ITEM FROM MARCH MEETING (No further Action at this time as Bengt was not present): Bengt (K7ADD) should send information to Ken K. (W7ECK) regarding the router from Microsoft that will be used on Cougar Mt.
- Emergency Planning & Mobilization – Rowland (K7RWB)
- Regarding grants: Rowland reported that we did not get the tribe grant since they invested in large projects this year, including the University of Washington. However, they encouraged us to reapply. So Rowland will be doing this. He will also pursue a PSE grant. He requested assistance from Lindy for the financial data required.
- Wild Fire Drill (see discussion below)
- Education & Community Outreach – Bengt (K7ADD)
- License Class will conclude on April 4th. Bengt wasn’t present, so no further status was provided.
- The KE7GFZ Weekly Net (Thursdays, except for club night, at 8 pm) is on our 441.825 MHz repeater, positive offset and tone of 103.5 MHz.
- Fun Run – Barb (K7XIT). The date for the event is June 7th. Barb passed around a sign-up sheet for hams to assist with traffic control for the race. Rowland (K7RWB) brought up an update regarding the issue of the traffic circle. He met with Paige Dennison and was told it is too late to change the route for the run. But she did take the information to see what can be done with respect to signs, etc. And there is a Traffic Control Class on April 25th (sign-up sheet was passed around).
- Wild Fire Drill – Rowland (K7RWB) and (Kathy (K7KJB) reported on the event. Gene Laughlin, President of CDCCC, requested as many as 10 hams for radio communications at the various Field Treatment Centers and Evacuation Center for the drill. A sign-up sheet was passed around. Please let Kathy know if you are able to participate. If you are both a CERT and ham, you may be used for either function depending on what is needed most.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.
ELMER SESSION: How to make the most out of your Go Kit– Gerard Repko (KG7REV)
Several Survival Go Kits were presented in detail, including where various items were purchased. In addition a innovative First Aid kit was presented, as well as a radio kit. NOTE: Gerard will post a link on the Reflector showing him putting his kit together.
Lindy Friedlander, Secretary
- 04/25/15 – Traffic Control Class, Carnation Fire Station from 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- 04/25/15 – MRC Refresher, EF&R Fire Station, Carnation 9-11 a.m.
- 05/02/15 – WILDFIRE EVACUATION DRILL – SAVE THE DATE
- 05/07/15 – SnoVARC Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Duvall FS (ELMER: Windshield Survey)
- 06/04/15 – SnoVARC Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Duvall FS (ELMER: Field Day Planning)
- 06/07/15 – Duvall Fun Run traffic control – SAVE THE DATE
- 06/25/15 – FIELD DAY AT CAMP KOREY, Saturday June 27 to Sunday June 28 (More details to follow)